Privacy in the modern world has become an endangered species. What was once an implicit secret is now heralded and celebrated on blogs, Facebook, and Twitter. And while these tools are needed in order to compete in the modern world, it has lead to misconceptions about what information about your customers needs to be protected. This program will introduce you to many aspects of security and privacy including those highlighted below.
- It doesn’t matter where your business is located, it matters where the client lives
- There is no federal statute that defines Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- 43 states have PII laws, but they’re all different
- Privacy laws in EU, Canada, Brazil, and elsewhere are very different as well
- Respecting your client’s privacy while still providing the best service possible