Mobile devices (smart phones and tablets) are quickly replacing desktops and laptops for everyday computing tasks. However, many people don’t view them as computers – even though today’s tablets have more computing power than the fastest supercomputers from the early 1990s. If you’re using your mobile device to conduct business, you need to ensure that you’re taking appropriate measures to protect the data. This program will focus on the following.
- A comparison of the different mobile operating systems
- A look at how each of the operating systems handles security
- A review of what data you might not want to keep on your device
- Basic security precautions required for mobile devices
- How to tell if your device is compromised and how to (easily) secure it